Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Around the House

My weekend got off to a great start on Friday night; Dave and I had a few friends over for wine, cheese, and chatting by the fire. I love having something easy and fun to look forward to at the end of the week.

Dave had a ton of papers to grade this weekend and while he was busy with the papers I worked on getting our house decorated for Christmas. I chose "woodland glamour" as my decorating theme this year. A bunch of our decorations and ornaments easily fit into this theme, and I picked up a new table runner, some pinecone and acorn ornaments, and a few new mercury glass votives earlier in the week. Here are a couple of snaps from around the house:

We kept it super simple this year and only trimmed
the tree with white lights and ornaments.
I love this little snowy cottage ornament.
A perfect fit with this year's theme: golden, glittery acorns.
Our mantle is decorated with mini boxwood plants, Grandma's
silver candelabra, mercury glass votives, and silver glitter deer.
On our Christmas table: a rustic runner, nuts,
glamorous mercury glass, and German glitter birds.
I took Monday off to finish up my shopping; I'm hoping that the stores won't be as crowded as they are on the weekends. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment