Dave snapped this picture of me when I got home from the class. I felt so glamorous!
1. Great-looking makeup starts with healthy skin. The two most important things you can do to keep your skin looking healthy and clear are removing your makeup each night before you go to sleep and wearing sunscreen every day (even in the winter).
2. Apply blush and lipstick before eye makeup. Sometimes, a little color on your cheeks and lips is really all you need to feel pretty - you may find that you use less eye makeup when you apply this tip.
3. Synthetic and natural bristle brushes give you different results. Use a synthetic bristle brush to apply cream or liquid makeup and a natural bristle brush to apply powder-based makeup.
4. Wash you makeup brushes with baby shampoo once a month (I usually wash my brushes once a year - yep, I'm feeling pretty gross about that right now).
5. Chose an eye liner color that is darker than your eye color.
I hope you find these tips helpful! If you feel that you could use a little makeup refresher, I definitely recommend checking out a makeup class. I felt more confident about applying my makeup the very next morning.
I'm planning a little trip to Sephora this weekend to purchase some of the products that I learned about in my class. I'll let you know what I find.
Have a great weekend!