Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thirty

So, I turned 30 last week. That's a big deal, right? It felt really good to enter my thirties - I was starting to get bored of my twenties. :)

Dave planned an awesome birthday week for me. In our family, we welcome birthdays with a week-long celebration that includes small gifts, dinners out, and fun activities all in addition to cake and gifts on your actual birthday. For my thirtieth birthday week, I received some really sweet gifts like a bottle of my favorite perfume and gift certificate for a manicure. Dave also surprised me with flowers, dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, a night at the movies, and he made me homemade pizza.

Our families joined us for dinner at Heirloom, a fabulous restaurant in Chestnut Hill. We dined at a long family-style table in the middle of the restaurant. I tried foie gras and had short ribs with grilled peaches. So good! We all went back to our house for cake, coffee, and gifts. It was a super fun night and I felt like one fortunate girl.

P.S. My parents gave me a new camera and I'm so excited to share some much-improved photos with you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your day! I also turned 30 this year and though it felt a bit surreal - and I did have a couple minor "OMG, I'm getting so old!" moments, for the most part I was happy to leave my tumultuous 20s behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gina! I hope your 30s are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete