Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm back from Spokane!

Spokane turned out to be almost exactly as I expected: quiet and scenic. As I drove from the airport to my hotel I noticed that the surrounding mountains were covered with pine trees and autumn foliage.


Sarah and I did share one good meal together (the other meal was not so good). We couldn't get over how quiet the city is. We could walk for blocks without passing another person!

Here are a couple of snaps from the SkyRide. I spoke to a couple of locals about the Spokane River and, apparently, the river dries up during the fall and winter and begins to flow again after the snow melts in the spring. I'm sure the falls look awesome during the warmer months.

The Spokane River from the SkyRide.


I came home on Saturday night to an October snowstorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment