Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up

My weekend began with homemade pizza enjoyed with Dave on the couch. I was exhausted after my first full week back at work and needed a relaxing evening at home. On Saturday, Dave took down our Christmas tree while I was at yoga and whisked it away for recycling. We spent the rest of the day packing away ornaments and decorations and cleaning up pine needles. I felt a bit melancholy as I packed everything away, so I was glad that Bekah was up visiting her family and was around to join us for dinner. I'm happy to report that the curried chicken stew tasted great! Dave mixed up kumquat mojitos and Bekah brought a lovely cheesecake for dessert.

Fresh kumquats are a nice way to make summery mojitos work for January.
Dave and I drove into Doylestown for brunch (I had the best blueberry pecan pancakes!) and a walk around town on Sunday. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and then attended a dinner given by the wine shop where Dave works. Several of his co-workers are also in our wine club so it was fun to catch up with everyone.

I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment